- First, we went to the outlets. I think we spent an hour in J. Crew alone. My dad is always such a good sport about the endless shopping trips.
- Cam got off early from work on Friday, so we picked him up and headed downtown for some canoeing on Ladybird Lake. It was so hot--but so fun. We feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful city.
|Walking to the lake. Andy's favorite spot these days.|
- We went to Pappasito's, probably my favorite Tex Mex around here. Best fajitas ever.
- We spent all of Saturday at Schlitterbahn, a giant waterpark about an hour away. We had such a good time! It was fun being with everyone, but it was so crowded. The lines were so long. And I expected a lot of extreme, creative rides. Instead, it was just HUGE with a lot of normal-ish water rides. Andy came along and was a trooper. Still, if I had to do it over again, I'd get a sitter for him. But...we really did have such a good time! My parents were so nice and both took turns watching Andy so Cam and I could go on some rides together.
|I can't believe I'm posting this. It's the worst picture ever of all of us, especially me. But I guess that's what makes it funny.|
|On the drive home. Guess the day made us tired!|
- We had dinner at Rudy's, where Abby (and everyone else) was in heaven. Nothing like that moist brisket!
- We had Andy's birthday party. My family was so great and helped with everything!
- We went swimming, always a family favorite. Except for the crickets that were floating all over the pool. Disgusting. (We've had a horrible cricket season here this year.)
- We went downtown, ate at Hopdoddy, went to the food trucks (cupcakes!), and went to Unusual Objects (our favorite antique store). We love downtown Austin!
|Abby & Cam are best buds.|
- We finished the trip with a frozen yogurt outing, a family favorite.
I'm so grateful they could come visit! We had a blast!