- He has the funniest sense of humor. He just starts giggling at the randomest things: pulling Josie's leash, the luggage falling onto the baggage claim...it's always so fun to see what he finds amusing. He also loves peekaboo, and the other typical things.
- He's a big boy! We had his well child visit a couple weeks ago: 22 lbs 5 oz (75%), big head (97%), and I don't remember his height, but it was in the 90%. He's in 18 month clothes, depending on the brand. I think he'll be a tall boy. Everyone that holds him says how solid he is. It's true: my arms feel like they're going to fall off after holding him for about 5 min.
- Still wears the helmet. Yuck. We hate it so much. He's had it almost 3 months and they initially said it would be 3-4 months. Hopefully he gets it off soon.
- Has gotten much better at eating solids. He eats three meals a day: fruit for breakfast (his least favorite meal of the day), oatmeal for lunch, a snack of yogurt in the afternoon (if I remember--usually on my lap while we watch Ellen), and veggie/protein for dinner. He likes to eat, but absolutely hates getting into the high chair. He doesn't calm down until I put food in his mouth. Strange. He has not grasped the concept of finger foods. He gags whenever something that isn't pureed enters his mouth.
- He still nurses 3x a day and twice in the middle of the night.
- He is super smiley. He smiles all the time. Especially when someone says his name. He also loves to wave his arms up and down when he's excited. He loves to pound on the table.
- He has suddenly become a fantastic napper. Hooray! He takes two naps a day, each one is usually 1.5-2 hours long. I wouldn't have believed you if you'd told me 6 months ago he would ever nap so well. Back then his naps were about 20 min. long.
- He can use a sippy! He's still not incredibly efficient at it, but he'll do it. He loves water. Juice--not so much.
- He can crawl! I first saw him do it on Monday, April 16th, but he wasn't incredibly motivated to do it. It was only if he saw something he really wanted. Just this past week he's gotten more comfortable with it and pretty much moves around all the time!
- He pulls himself up to standing pretty well and stands with ease. He doesn't fall anymore.
- Finally got his first tooth! Cam noticed it while feeding Andy dinner on Monday, April 16th (big day for him! Also the day he figured out his sippy cup). It's his bottom left tooth. It looks like his bottom right will pop through any day now, too.
- It feels like he's had a runny nose all month. *Luckily* his favorite thing is to wipe his nose on my sleeve all day. That's much more fun than letting me wipe his nose, which he hates.
- Still loves Baby Einstein. We love that he loves it so much! Oftentimes we play it during dinner so we can actually eat. :)
- He loves books. Especially his abc book and his animal touch 'n feel book. And he loves to tear the flaps in his books that have flaps.
- Absolutely drenches us when he bathes. He is a splasher!
- He had his first trip of the season to the pool. He absolutely loved it. I think we'll live there this summer.
- He loves to nibble on his pointer finger. He also loves to play with his toys. He crosses his ankles all the time too. Especially while nursing. Adorable.
- He has gotten much better at entertaining himself. He loves to sit by his basket of toys, dump it out, and examine each toy.
|Favorite time of the day: after bath time, rolling around naked, playing with his blue cup.|
|Dad is his best friend. He gets super excited when he comes home from work! Sometimes we go and wait outside for his car to pull up.|
|Visiting Grandpa Greg in Utah. Yummy dinner at Market Street Grill.|
|With Uncle Ben and Aunt Christine at Rachel's graduation; 10 months today!|
|"I love to chew on everything."|
|Ignore the boogers and look at my sweet smile.|