I can't believe our girl is almost two! She brings so much sweetness to our home. She's a big tease, knows exactly what she wants, and has us all wrapped around her finger. A few things:
- She's pretty tall! 80th percentile or so at her last well child visit.
- She finally started walking at the beginning of May when she was 18 months old! It instantly made her seem so much older; it was like she became a toddler overnight. We realized how tall she is!
- In the last couple of months her speaking has exploded! She'll copy anything we say and can probably say 50+ words. Her most distinct are Mom, Dad, Bax (Max), Binky, Blankey, bop (book), show, cookie, pizza (she said it "itz-pa" for a little bit, it was so cute), play, bottle, treat, doggy, hi, bye, etc.
- She is obsessed with her blanket and carries it everywhere. When she leaves her crib, she absolutely needs both her blanket and binky.
- She loves to brush her teeth while I do her hair.
- She's the queen of dirty looks. She lets you know exactly how she feels! When she doesn't get something she wants, she is totally devastated.
- She loves to eat. She's a sauce girl! She loves dipping everything. Or just eating straight-up sauce. :) She also loves to rub whatever she's eating in her hair. Her favorites seem to be pizza, chicken nuggets, and spaghetti.
- She and Max love to play chase around the house.
- She LOVES to read books. She always brings them to me then climbs on my lap.
- She's the cutest singer ever. Her all-time favorite is Old McDonald, and she's always singing "E-I-E-O" (with correct pitch, I might add). She makes the funniest pig noises. She also loves to sing along to The Greatest Showman. She loves music in general. If I'm trying to play piano or I'm trying to practice with Andy, she has to be playing too.
- She loves nursery. She never had a moment of dislike. In fact, if I have to change her diaper during nursery, she's very upset.
- She lives for being outside and hangs by the door begging to out--especially if her brothers are out there. She loves to explore and climb. She's by far our most adventurous toddler so far. She likes walking across tables and scaring me.
- She's into everything now. Everything. All the time. It drives me crazy, but it's also very cute.
- She officially likes to watch a "show". She'll point to the computer and ask for one. She really only likes Baby Einstein, though I'm determined to make her a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan.
|shortly after she learned to walk|
|my favorite picture of her lately. Such an iconic summer shot.|
|she is loving all our pool time this summer! she loves to float on her back and play with Dad (who is more fun than mom at the pool)|
|she loves to read books and Andy is always so great to read with her|
|she loves to play piano and is so musical|
|she and Grandma Jean adore each other|
|she's obsessed with her blanket and always needs it|
|she loves her bottles|