Thursday, April 28, 2016

Europe: Barcelona

I'm super late on this (this was back in January), but we had THE best time in Barcelona after our few days in Rome! I think we all agreed the Barcelona days were our favorite. Maybe that's because our beds weren't rocks there like they were in Rome? I had been to Barcelona 10+ years ago, but my memory is bad enough it felt like a whole new experience.

The Barcelona trip started with a slight delay when they decided to bump us to a later flight because it was overbooked. This is a picture of me throwing a fit until they changed us to a sooner flight and gave each of us a chunk of money for our inconvenience. 
We started our first morning with the Segrada Familia. Seriously, it is stunning. You really can feel the spirit there. You can sense that Gaudi really loved the Lord and dedicated this to Him.

Inside the Segrada Familia.
One of the Gaudi houses we walked by.

After debating for forever if it was worth the money to go inside Casa Batllo (another Gaudi house), we decided to do it. SO cool and worth it! 

Being tourists inside the Casa Batllo.
On the roof of Casa Batllo.

More Casa Batllo. Such cool architecture!
We went to a Flamenco Show! Cameron volunteered to help keep the beat.
Seriously the dancers were amazing!!! I loved it.
Doing our best flamenco stance.
We ate a ton of interesting food in Barcelona! Cameron was in heaven! I enjoyed it for a day or so...then I reached the point I was ready to have "normal" food again. :)

Yummy churros and hot chocolate one night! And we had the funnest conversation with the barista who served us--a really nice circus performer.
This is somewhere in the middle of our million mile walk to get to Park Guell. I guess we took the incredibly long way. We never thought we'd make it. I think it seriously took us an hour when it was supposed to be five minutes? But we got there!
Park Guell!





After Park Guell, we headed to the market (La Boqueria) for lunch. I was all fooded out, so I got Walk 2 Wok around the corner while Jason, Kasee, and Cam all indulged in all sorts of fun foods!



We headed to the coast one afternoon and loved seeing that part of the city. 
We even took a fun boat ride.

We stumbled on a Kendall Jenner appearance at a Mango Store, and I immediately turned into a crazy fan girl. We waited for an hour for our sighting, all while trying to get more info out of the guards. 
Probably my favorite picture of the whole trip? This is Cameron standing in the back of the crowd eating his waffle because he couldn't care less about Kendall Jenner. Or maybe because he cared so much about his waffle. :)

SUCH a fun trip. It was nice to get back to our boys after, but it really was so fun to have a break and get to explore europe with some of our best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment