Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Baby Is Coming!

I'm being induced tomorrow (Sunday, June 19th) night! This means the baby will most likely be born on Monday, June 20th. Very exciting! I'm a little disappointed I have to be induced. I really like the idea of the baby coming when he is ready. However, the baby is measuring small (about 6 pounds), so the doctors are concerned the placenta is no longer functioning optimally and it will be better for baby boy to be born at 39 weeks. At this point, they say he'll grow better outside of me than inside of me. So...ready or not, he's coming! 9 months is so long--and then suddenly it's here. I'm so excited, nervous, and scared I can barely stand it! We can't wait to meet the little guy.

I guess one advantage to the doctor worrying about the size of your baby is that you get plenty of ultrasounds! It's fun to see him grow and change.

10 Weeks:

15 Weeks:

20 Weeks:

32 Weeks:

35 Weeks:

38 Weeks: *Let me just mention as a side note that the ultrasound tech told us during this ultrasound our boy has hair! This may be a silly thing to be excited about, but I'm very excited. Babies with hair are so cute!


And one last belly picture of me at 38 weeks:

3 comments:

  1. ah, congrats and good luck!! and seriously, you are such a cute preggo lady! you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete