Sunday, July 19, 2020

Backpacking at Wall Lake

Andy, Max, and I had a quick overnight backpacking trip with my parents and Rachel and Jake up in the Uintas at Wall Lake. It was so great! Lots of work for me to prep since we basically didn't own anything we'd need and I'd never been the "grown up" preparing for a backpacking trip. My dad was so sweet to do so much of the planning and thinking through everything we'd need for making fires, purifying the water, etc. Max kept complaining about how heavy his bag was--it literally only had his sleeping bag in it. Meanwhile my bag was SO HEAVY since I had everything for all 3 of us. But it turned out so great! It was beautiful. The only small hiccup was when I got pulled over for drunk driving on the way there (definitely wasn't drinking). The nice cop only gave me a warning, thankfully, and the rest of the trip was great! 






The boys played endlessly. 

We wished we brought swimming suits!

No comments:

Post a Comment