Tuesday, April 28, 2015

January, February, March

Time to play a little catch-up!  Here are some of the things we did the first few months of the year.

January 

  • Cameron's grandpa, Harlee, passed away on Christmas Day.  His funeral was at the beginning of January.  It was nice to be with family and to honor him.  

Cute Max took a little nap on Grandpa's lap.

  •  Andy started Sunbeams!  He LOVES it.  

  • Cameron went snowboarding with Brendan at Solitude.  

  • We had the annual crab feast with Cam's family.  Turns out I'm not allergic to shellfish!  I thought I may have been because of some hives I'd gotten previously, but I got tested and was thrilled to find out I could eat as much crab as I'd like. :) 
  • I competed in a piano competition, the Oquirrh Mountain Concerto Competition.  I practiced hard to bring my Prokofiev Piano Concerto No. 2 back!  It was fun...but very stressful. :)  I loved having that part of myself back, but it was really tricky trying to balance that stress with parenting.  I didn't win, which was disappointing.  If I'd won, I would have gotten to play with the Oquirrh Mountain Symphony, which would have been amazing.  But it was also nice to just be done! 
  • Cameron and Brendan went to a Jazz game together. 
February
  • Valentines Day was so fun!  It's the first time Andy really got into it.  We loved decorating his box and picking out Valentines for his friends.  He even wrote his name and tried to write their names.  I got to host the Joy School Valentines party, which was crazy and a little bit fun. ;)


  • This is what happens when we try to take a picture together on our Valentines Day date. I promise Cameron had fun. ;) We went to Cafe Molise and then indulged and went out for dessert too at The Dodo.  
  • We went to the zoo with the Craguns. It's impossible to get a good picture of these two anymore!
  • We went on a fun date to a BYU Singers Concert.  We both were obsessed with them all during our time at BYU, so it was fun to re-live that.  
March
  • We went to a few U of U gymnastics meets in February and March.  Andy liked them!  But I think he just enjoys outings in general.  

  • Lots of happy park outings.  And lots of choo-choo trains down the slide.  We had amazing weather in March!   

  • Cameron and I went down to Moab for a weekend, so I could run in the Canyonlands Half. What a beautiful course!  It was fun to travel down for a race.  Sara and Jordon generously watched our boys at home so it could be a fun getaway just for the two of us.  The actual race felt really hard, and it was my slowest half ever!  (1:58)  That's the way it goes sometimes, I guess! :) We had fun eating good food, chilling in the hotel hot tub with bragging runners, and we even hiked Delicate Arch.  Cameron hadn't been to Moab before, so it was a must.  Super fun, quick trip!


  • I can't believe we don't have a picture, but we celebrated Cameron's Grandma Elizabeth's 80th birthday party with a surprise party at Brio!  It was so fun to surprise her.  That same day, Cameron and I went to see Les Mis in Orem at Hale Center Theatre.  It was Cam's first time seeing it!  Super fun because his work friend was Jean Valjean.  
  • My wonderful students had a spring recital.  It's always so fun as a teacher to see my students work hard, make progress, and achieve something wonderful.  
  • My sister Rachel received her Endowment at the temple.  It was so special to be there with her and to be there with so many family members. 
  • Rachel and I went on a super fun sister date to Sawadee and to see a movie.  
  • My mom and I took my Grandma Winterton to the symphony.  It was a treat, because she always took me to the symphony when I was younger.  She doesn't get out much, so I think she really enjoyed it.   


  • An unfortunate event: I got in a car accident. :(  My first time ever being in an accident.  I was fine, and luckily I was alone in the car.  But the car was totaled, so we're in the process of buying...a mini van.  Yep, you heard me right.  And, no, I'm not pregnant. ;) 

  • Cam and I went to see Pentatonix (his favorite) down in Orem one Tuesday night.  We felt pretty wild and crazy being out til 11:00 on a Tuesday.

  • We got to celebrate Greg's birthday with a fun dinner party.  It was so fun to have Ward and Amy there too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment