Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Disneyland Girls' Trip

I went on the BEST TRIP EVER with my mom and sisters.  We got back a couple weeks ago, and I still think about it a few times a day.  That's how fun it was!  It was so wonderful to spend so much time with my mom and sisters.  And, I love my boys...but is it horrible that I didn't really miss them?! It was just so nice to not have to worry about anyone but myself.  And it was so nice to be able to chat with my mom and sisters!  We usually have husbands and kids around these days, and though I love them all, it was nice to be able to have more one-on-one time.  Many, many thanks to my uber-generous parents who made it all happen.  Many thanks to Cameron, who took over all weekend.  And to Kathy, my mother-in-law, who was Cameron's co-parent for a few days.  And to my dear friend Lindsey, who watched Max for a day.

The travel-log: We left early friday morning and flew to LA.  Christine met us there from Chicago, and we enjoyed Disneyland/California Adventure all day.  I hadn't been to Disneyland in years and had never been to California Adventure, so it felt so magical to me.  I'm a lover of "real" rides, so my favorites were Tower of Terror, California Screamin', and Space Mountain.
Awkward selfie on Main Street.


Saturday morning, I got up early and went to practice the piano at a local church building.  When we got back, we headed back to Disney for a full day.  I lost count of how many cookies I bought at Candy Palace.  And of course, we had to have a few dole whips.  So much good food!  And we road our favorite rides a bunch more.  We saw the "Fantasmic" show that night...SO GOOD.  I cannot wait for Andy to see it in a few weeks when we go back!  I was like a giddy little kid.


Sunday morning we went to church.  (Speaking of which, it was one of the more awkward sacrament meetings I've ever been to.  The speaker had the congregation close their eyes in silence for an entire two minutes to point out that that's how long opening prayers should be. ???)  After church, we headed to Laguna Beach.  I'm not sure if any of us even touched the water?  We just sat and talked.  But it was sooo nice and relaxing.  We made a stop at Cheesecake Factory for dinner.


Monday, I went for a nice run in the morning.  We packed up, checked out, then headed to Hollywood for a Hollywood Homes Tour.  We didn't really have anything planned for that day.  I think it was Rachel who said, "Well we haven't really ever seen Hollywood...why don't we go there?!"  It ended up being so fun.  Our tour guide was hilarious. And it was crazy to see so many houses of famous people.  Up close and everything!  Some people's houses we saw: Katy Perry, Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts, Justin Timberlake, Aaron Paul, Bruno Mars, Leah Michele, and lots of others.  A perfect way to end the trip.  We headed to the airport after to fly home and got home late on Monday.
Aaron Paul's house!  Considering I was Jesse Pinkman for Halloween last year, I was pretty thrilled.
You can see the Hollywood sign very small in the back left. :)
I hope there are many more girl trips in my future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment