Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My First Blog!

I've done it...I've finally decided to join the blogging community! I feel like it will be a good way to journal our adventures together. And I must admit that my biggest reason for getting a blog is because I really like reading everyone else's blogs.

I guess for my first post I'll describe a little bit of what our life is like. Cameron and I have been married almost a year--we were married August 18, 2009 in the Bountiful Temple. We're both half way through our Master's Degrees at BYU. I'm doing a Masters in Music--Piano Performance. Cameron is doing Accounting, the audit/professional stem.

As of now, we're enjoying summer break after a very stressful school year! We took a trip to Thailand for a few weeks (which I suppose I'll blog in detail about later)and just spent the weekend in Zion's with some friends. We're living with Cameron's parents until we head off to Palo Alto, CA for Cameron's internship with Ernst & Young for 8 weeks. Cameron's busy teaching piano and selling pest control. I'm busy teaching piano and...relaxing! I feel guilty and lazy for taking some down time, but I'm not sure how to get a job for just a few weeks. I've been spending some time in the lab at BYU arranging some hymns. It's one of my goals this year to try and get some things published (maybe) so I'm working on that. I shamefully admit I also watch a lot of Law & Order, Medium, and Modern Family. :)

Anyway! That's our life for now. I'll update about Zion's soon...buh bye!

6 comments:

  1. Please tell me that you're also watching The Office in your spare time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogs! I am glad you started one, I always prefer these to facebook updates. :) I am still so excited to hear about your trip, I'll try to call you about it later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Steph!! I am excited to see your updates through your blog!! You wedding pictures are SOOO pretty by the way!! LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooooooo excited that you have joined the blogging world! This is how I keep in touch with everyone. =-) My blog isn't private, so you can check it out at http://trivialsmorgasbord.blogspot.com

    Love you lots!

    P.S. I can't believe you've almost been married for a YEAR! Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Cant wait to stay updated on your exciting lives! We have a blog that I never update...scottandnic.com...feel free to check it out! I know I keep saying this, but we need to have you and cam up to our place before you leave for Cali. When do you take off?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would LOVE to come over Nicole! We leave soon, but we'd love to squeeze it in whenever you guys are free. We're leaving Monday the 21st...

    ReplyDelete