Sunday, December 29, 2024

Oct.-Dec. 2024 Highlights

Cornbellies fun! Penny got to come with us.


This ride made me so sick I wanted to die. I think it was the first time I realized I definitely can't handle spinning rides like this anymore.


My sweet Uncle Vern passed away. The funeral was a really special day. My mom with her siblings: Ann, Dale, Reid, and Paul.


He was buried up in Charleston by my grandparents.

So wonderful to see so many cousins that day.


A fall hike with Lindsey

I think Monroe brought this over for Violet for her on her birthday. :)

I got to go to a field trip with Violet.



We went to see Imagine Dragons.

Cousin sleepover

Sara taught the kids how to play Ticket to Ride. Sara and Jordon are so fun with games. They play them all the time and always introduce us to fun ones.

I went to see the Sweeney Todd opera. It was incredible. I will always be in love with the music.

Cameron got floor seats with Jason at a Jazz game.

More Cornbellies. It's the kids' favorite in October!




Pinners Conference! I got my second piercing.

Max's 11th birthday family celebration!




Love this boy so much.



A fun moment to capture. We've been lucky--our kids all naturally love to read and read constantly. I might get a little sick of all the books strewn all over the house, but I wouldn't change a thing.

These two were duet partners for the ensemble festival. It truly tested their relationship and I don't think we can have them partner again (too much fighting!), but they did great and made it to the honors recital.

I had nose surgery. I had (another) turbinate reduction. I thought the recovery would be no big deal, but it was a much bigger deal than I realized. I felt very rough and looked horrible. This is how I looked when I played the piano for our primary program. I was actively bleeding and the kids near me were horrified haha.

Happy birthday to sweet Kathy! These grandkids all adore her.

Violet got to go on Gigi's birthday day extravaganza with her. They went shopping (got matching shirts!), got lunch, and even got a swig.

Honors recital for Violet and Max. They played "Still, still, still,"

I got to volunteer weekly in Violet's class this year. I loved seeing my sweet girl.


Cameron went on a wild 40th birthday party trip to celebrate his friend Jordan Cox. It was a game weekend (advanced, high strategy games) at a house in California. He was definitely out of his element and came home with stories, but he had fun.

Reflections win for Max.

And for Violet too!

Cameron had a huge surgery in November. It was a big deal and he planned for it most of the year. They repaired a labrum tear and shaved some bone that wasn't shaped correctly. It went well, but it was a huge recovery. It was hard on him (and hard on all of us, because he usually does so much for us!). This was a significant part of November and December.

Cousin lunch

We celebrated Thanksgiving a day early with the Messick side!






Violet is always with the baby. :)

On the real Thanksgiving, we went out with my parents and Abby to Capital Grille.





My parents came over after for games and pie. We had such a great time together!


We went to see the new Wicked movie. It was incredible! We've been listening to the music nonstop.

After years and years of begging, our family finally got an elf. She arrived on our porch on December 1. Her name is Cookie. She's a special elf--she doesn't move every single day. Just sometimes. :)

I took my activity days girls to the Festival of Trees. They didn't love it as much as I thought they would haha. But we had fun!

Making sugar cookies for our cookie party with the Craguns and Thomases!

Always such a fun night!

Not sure when we were watching (my guess is Elf?), but I thought this was such a cute shot.

A shot from our annual Christmas performance at The Charleston where Gigi lives. My students come and give a Christmas recital and she loves it.

Matching!


Max and I went to see his friend Hattie in the Nutcracker.

Cousin playtime with Carson and Anna.

Violet and I went to see the Ballet West Nutcracker with Carli, Gigi, Keisha, and Goldie.

We got to see our friend and neighbor Alexa as Clara! She was incredible.

The girls picked out their own nutcrackers.

Singers Company Christmas performance. These costumes are my favorite.

So fun having grandma and grandpa there.

And Abby!


Violet loves her teacher, Miss Christy.

Christmas Choir Concert for Andy.

We went to the MCO Christmas Concert with Kasee and Jason. 

I got to help in Max's Christmas Class Party.

My favorite annual tradition--the prank where I give weird neighbor gifts as someone else. I don't remember who I did it to this year. I think it was Sara and Jordon?

One of my favorite nights of the year--my cousin Christmas party with my Winterton cousins.


Santa Symphony




And we went to see the Grand America windows after.

Andy was in teen mode.



Christmas Sunday


Happy Birthday to Louie!

Violet adores Louie.

We went on the Polar Express with my family.

These two were very bummed that Sam didn't come.


Cutest cousins







No comments:

Post a Comment